WASHINGTON — Yemen’s government said on Wednesday that it had requested a “reassessment” of an American commando raid last month that killed several women and children and closer coordination on future operations, but said that it had not suspended future raids by United States Special Operations forces.
Citing American officials, The New York Times had reported on Tuesday that Yemeni authorities, angry about the civilian casualties incurred last month in the first counterterrorism operation authorized by President Trump, had withdrawn permission for the United States to run Special Operations ground missions against suspected terrorist groups in the country.
To continue reading, please click here.
Security and Risk Report 24/05/23
MAST’s security report issue 370 is available to read now. In the UK, there have again been a series of court appearances related to terrorism