Ensure the fast and professional processing of all visitors to the terminal in accordance with site procedures.
Provide effect entry and egress control through effective pass checking/issuing, including the searching of persons and vehicles & plant machinery.
Conduct effective searches on container lorries in compliance with DfT and site procedures.
Ensure effective checks on all personal and vehicle passes is carried out at all locations including the safe operating of gates and barriers.
Provide escorts to visitors/contractors.
Ensure that all supplied equipment is checked and maintained in a serviceable condition.
Carryout effective patrols to maintain the integrity of the restricted area.
Assist in the covering of gaps/holidays within the core teams and during increases in security levels.
- SIA Security licence, Front line Security Guarding, Door Supervision
- Proven work experience as a Security officer or equivalent position
- Experience of delivering excellent Customer Service
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Some computer experience, ability to write clear daily written reports
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Experience of working as part of a team or independently
- Have an understanding of the Health and Safety at Work act
- Full UK driving license
Please note that this role is mainly outside working so please be aware of this when applying.
Need to have 5 Year UK work history.
Location: Purfleet, Essex
Rate: £9 per hour
Shift Pattern: Working 12 hour shifts Days/Nights and Weekends.
Employee Benefits for this role include Perkbox.